Since the last post’s progress we had *gasp for breath* moved across the country, sold a house, lived on a friend’s living room floor for nearly five months, rented a storage unit, got an apartment, I started a new job, Ian started a new job, and we both put our lives into storage. Only recently have we been unpacking bits and pieces into a small apartment until we find a new house.
And Captain T was one of the things I found! So I got a smaller gauge of armature wire to help support the detailed bits. I added toes, fingers, ears, filled out body structure, and decided that the hand IS holding a sword. I can distribute the weight correctly without him falling forward.
This is a pretty good angle for details of his fingers. His tail’s angle will change a few times since this picture. Note the outline of the sword in the new wire.
Another frontal shot of Captain T. I closed his front hand and added more facial detail with tin foil. The shapes are there but hard to see in these photos due to the material and distance.
Side view. I tried to line up his sword with his vision as much as possible. His ears are at attention.
This is a shot from the other side. The sword is not firmly placed at this point, so moving him around is actually causing it to swing back and forth a bit in these photos.
The sword is a little askew in these photos. I smashed it between the pages of some pretty heavy books at my disposal after these photos to flatten it out.
This photo does a good job of showing the angle of his tail and curve of his spine in relation to his back. A great action line.